Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Technical area > Questions or problems

Questions or problems Have a question or problem about something you can't find in the Help/Users Guide? Ask it here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-23-2013, 01:18 PM
Senior User

Default Lyrics - blank lines when copying between staves

Sherrie

Something I have noticed and not followed up before. As I create a lot of SATB scores I make a lot of use of "Copy lyrics between staves". It happens sometimes that when I copy a set of lyrics (single or multiple verses) between staves, the paste operation inserts one of more blank lines above the lyrics in the target stave.

As this creates unwanted space between the notes and the lyrics, it is then a tedious task to go through the copied lyrics and delete the unwanted lines for the lyrics under each note.

Is there any explanation as to why this should happen sometimes but not always and anything I can do before the copy operation to avoid it?

Thanks
Tim