Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > General music tips and questions

General music tips and questions Ask questions or share tips about instruments, playing, writing music, or other music-related topics.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-21-2009, 03:15 PM
Senior User

Default MIDI instruments for SATB rehearsals

I am a new user of Notation Composer, intending to use it to support rehearsals of an SATB choir. Can anyone recommend a set of MIDI instruments to voice the 4 parts that will give a pleasing sound whilst giving a degree of audio sepration enabling each part to focus in on their own line? I thought perhaps a woodwind quartet - flute, clarinet, oboe, bassoon - but any recommendation welcomed.

I know that I can create emphasised files for each vocal part, but I would still like to create a helpful tutti presentation.