Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Using Notation Software products with other (third party) products

Using Notation Software products with other (third party) products Find out from others, or share your experience, about integrating Notation Software products with sound libraries, audio processing software, and other hardware and software products.

Old 03-18-2009, 08:57 AM
Herbert WENDE (herbert)

Default Aftertouch Vibrato control in JAAB

Hi Sherry, Mark,

What has happened to Aftertouch. I still can not find it in Composer.

Herbert
Old 03-18-2009, 12:26 PM
Sherry Crann (sherry)

Default Howdy Herbert, It's on

Howdy Herbert,

It's on the list for the next major release. I apologize for the delay.

ttfn,
Sherry
Old 03-18-2009, 12:29 PM
Sherry Crann (sherry)

Default p.s. If I recall correctly, I

p.s. If I recall correctly, I think you can define a controller number in the Garritan libraries to whatever controller you want. You could then graph or set a fixed number for that controller (using the "Ctrl+?" button) in Composer using the non-dedicated controller numbers that are available.

Worth a try? If you do, please let us know how if it works. That could be useful for other parameters and libraries as well.

ttfn,
Sherry
Old 03-19-2009, 05:09 AM
Herbert WENDE (herbert)

Default Hi Sherry, JAAB can use cc1

Hi Sherry,

JAAB can use cc131 for vibrato control. cc131 is not used in Composer.

Best wishes,

Herbert
Old 03-19-2009, 04:55 PM
Sherry Crann (sherry)

Default Howdy Herbert, In reviewing

Howdy Herbert,

In reviewing this task as listed in our database, we do have support for aftertouch coming up later this year. The cc131 is a virtual controller (apparently some M-Audio specified virtual controller) that can be reassigned to another controller. I don't have the JAAB instruction manual to see how that might be accomplished within the library cc definitions, or if it's possible within that context.

ttfn,
Sherry
Old 03-20-2009, 12:10 AM
Herbert WENDE (herbert)

Default Hi Sherry, Here is a short

Hi Sherry,

Here is a short section from the JABB manual.

“Vibrato Control: There are two controllers that affect vibrato. Aftertouch controls the intensity of the vibrato from no vibrato (Aftertouch = value of “0”) to exaggerated vibrato (Aftertouch = high number value.) Because both components of the vibrato are independently controllable the user can apply vibrato in a much more flexible and realistic fashion. The speed of the vibrato is controlled using cc17. Note that some keyboards, like those from M-Audio, have no Aftertouch function but can assign cc131 to a programmable slider which, in turn, will send Aftertouch data out to your computer.”

Best wishes,

Herbert
Old 03-20-2009, 12:30 AM
Sherry Crann (sherry)

Default Howdy Herbert, Thanks for t

Howdy Herbert,

Thanks for that excerpt!

With that in mind, using the following should work for getting the vibrato into the performance.

"CC17" is not labeled as "Aftertouch" (presumably because of the aforementioned fact that not all keyboards support aftertouch) but you can set those values for CC17 in Composer using the following:

You can graph it using the graphing tools, or set a constant value with the "96" button/dialog.

Please do give it a try and let us know what happens.

ttfn,
Sherry
Old 03-20-2009, 01:05 AM
Sherry Crann (sherry)

Default p.s. I should never read in a

p.s. I should never read in a hurry - in re-reading Herbert's post, I understand now (obviously foggy on it earlier) that the Aftertouch aspect of the vibrato will be an intensity function while the CC17 will be the speed function. The above picture I posted shows how to graph the speed (cc17), but not the intensity (using After touch). I apologize for any confusion to others who are reading the thread, or who are just shaking their head at me right now ;)

Aftertouch is in the works. You can vibrate as fast as you want (cc17) but unfortunately no one will hear you

ttfn,
Sherry