Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Technical area > Questions or problems

Questions or problems Have a question or problem about something you can't find in the Help/Users Guide? Ask it here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-10-2013, 08:49 PM
Active User

Default Playing Allen church organ with Musician player

I am having problems with a church organ hookup. I connect "Musician" (containing pre-prepared midi service music) via laptop----thru midisport 1X1 in's/out's ---- to Allen church organ midi in's and out's. I simply need Musician to act as a midi player, sending note information to the Allen. The Musician staves are assigned to 3 channels of which channel 1 is the Swell (upper manual) channel 2 is the Great manual and 3 is the Pedal. (I do NO playing along). Just used as a player. I have successfully done this for quite a while using Notation "Viewer" but it has no other features. Musician plays the organ notes fine. But here is the problem...it is sending some unknown midi messages to the organ combination action (stop presets) which are also designed to be midi controlled if desired (Allen sells a floppy disk drive player which completely plays the organ) With Musician. random organ stops pop out when opening musician songs, and also when manipulating and changing individual organ stops, as if its receiving midi messages from Musician to make stop changes. But the only channels I am sending messages on are 1,2 & 3, which should not be affecting the stop action. Is there any way to clean this up so that all I am doing is sending note messages? I have read through the Composer midi instructions but none of the described possible uses has described mine. Thanks!