Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Using Notation Software products with other (third party) products

Using Notation Software products with other (third party) products Find out from others, or share your experience, about integrating Notation Software products with sound libraries, audio processing software, and other hardware and software products.

Old 12-11-2009, 05:11 PM
Product Manager

Location: Bad Axe, MI, USA (The Tip of the Thumb of Michigan)
Lightbulb Keeping practice noise to a minimum

Howdy friends,

I'm fortunate to live out in the middle of the beanfield (literally), so practicing myself, or having the band over is not a big issue regarding the amount of sound we crank out. But knowing that a lot of folks have neighbors who are much closer than shouting distance, I thought I'd share a neat gadget that looks like it could be useful for those who need to have quieter rehearsal times. One of my CB (church bass) buddies mentioned this item a while back, and I just found the email.

It's a gadget that lets you plug in each member's instruments and/or mic, set their own mix, and play together for practices and such while avoiding the amps that go along with electronic instruments. You can find it at http://www.jamhub.com/ Please note that I'm not affiliated with these guys in any way, it just looked like an interesting piece of equipment that others might find useful. You could plug your computer into it, if you use Musician or Composer to provide some of your instruments, along with the rest of your band.

Enjoy!
Sherry
Old 12-12-2009, 01:38 PM

Location: Balderson, Ontario, Canada, 100 kms (60 miles) from Ottawa
Default Re: Keeping practice noise to a minimum

Hard to do with the drums, though.
Old 12-12-2009, 02:15 PM
Product Manager

Location: Bad Axe, MI, USA (The Tip of the Thumb of Michigan)
Default Re: Keeping practice noise to a minimum

Howdy David,

But you're supposed to use e-drums

(I know - I've heard from a number of drummers that they just don't feel the same. It's also a lot different using headphones to practice my bass versus using my rig, where I can literally rattle the gutters on our house if I so choose.)

ttfn,
Sherry