Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Share Your Music

Share Your Music Share your .not or .mid files of your arrangements or compositions.

Old 04-13-2008, 06:55 AM
M G Jacobs (mgj32)

<center><table border=1><tr><td>Prelude XVI
prelude XVI.not (69.3 k)</td></tr></table></center>
Old 04-13-2008, 12:25 PM
Sherry Crann (sherry)

Default Howdy MG, I'm no piano

Howdy MG,

I'm no piano player, but I did enjoy listening to this piece. If I were to name it, I think I'd do a take-off on Bach, and call it "The Well-Balanced Clavier". If it's a prelude to something more, I'm also anxiously awaiting what follows )

ttfn,
Sherry
Old 04-13-2008, 05:33 PM
Mark Walsen (markwa)

Default Hello MG, This prelude is n

Hello MG,

This prelude is nicely constructed. Its ABA form, with a swap of LH/RH finger/chord activity works well. It wouldn't be an MG piece without the um-pah LH part in the middle. The quick resolution at the end was surprisingly convincing.

Nice work.

Cheers
-- Mark
Old 04-14-2008, 04:25 AM
M G Jacobs (mgj32)

Default Hi Mark, Sherry, I guess th

Hi Mark, Sherry,

I guess the bass in the middle section comes from playing, in a much more limber time, so many Chopin waltzes and Mazurkas and Joplin rags. It does focus attention on the right hand, while describing the beat. The piece was an intellectual exercise, with everything pre-determined but the specifics of the harmony and what the right hand would do in the middle section (which uses the chords from the A section, with the 1st and 3rd beats being represented by only one note of them), and the final tempo, which I left indeterminate.

As for future uses, like the B section of Prelude XIV, which is a waltz, part of this one will probably make it into "'Twas the Night Before Christmas," this one where pa is awakened by noise outdoors.

all best,
mgj