Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Technical area > Questions or problems
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search New Posts

Questions or problems Have a question or problem about something you can't find in the Help/Users Guide? Ask it here!

Old 11-12-2008, 11:16 PM
john s. smith (jss)

Default Hi, Is it possible to edit gr

Hi,
Is it possible to edit grace notes chromatically? NC doesn't seem to move the grace note(s) up down using Cntrl+arrow as is the case for normal notes. I can select them with the mouse and they change colour to show they are selected.
Thanks
-John
Old 11-13-2008, 05:00 AM
Mark Walsen (markwa)

Default Hello John, Yes, you can ch

Hello John,

Yes, you can change the pitch of a grace note chromatically, exactly the same way as you do a normal note, using (1) NumPad + or -, or (2) P+UpArrow or P+DownArrow.

A third way, (3) Ctrl+Up or Ctrl+DownArrow, doesn't work for regular notes, nor grace notes. I see now that this third option is reported in the menu tip for Note / Pitch. I'll either fix this, or remove this third option in the tip. This is task #1990.

Cheers
-- Mark
Old 11-13-2008, 11:30 AM
john s. smith (jss)

Default Hi Mark, Just to report that

Hi Mark,
Just to report that on NC 252 the cntrl-arrow up/dn does in fact still move the notes up/down - altough not for grace notes. I notice though that the arrow keys that do this are the ones (on my keyboard) that sit between the main key area and the numeric key group on the right hand side.
Cheers
-John
Old 11-13-2008, 08:55 PM
Mark Walsen (markwa)

Default Hello John, I've now fi

Hello John,

I've now fixed that for the upcoming 2.6 release. Ctrl+Up/Down now works for grace notes also.

Thanks for the report.

Cheers
-- Mark