Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Technical area > Questions or problems
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search New Posts

Questions or problems Have a question or problem about something you can't find in the Help/Users Guide? Ask it here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-22-2010, 04:13 AM
Active User

Default Re: Problem detecting Recording device

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry C View Post
Howdy John,

Glad to know we're on the same wavelength here

Thanks for the added info. There are a couple of things we can check out now that we know Composer isn't seeing anything at all from your MIDI device.

On some devices, there is a switch, either physical or electronic (setting), for "MIDI mode". I'm not sure about your Kurzweil unit, but please do check in your user's manual to see if there is such a switch or setting. Some units have something like "Audio only", "MIDI on", "MIDI through" etc. If your unit has such a switch or setting (many users have had to make such settings because for some reason the default is "off"), try changing it.

If all seems to be as it should be and you're still not getting any recognition by Composer, then please try out a small program (not developed by us) called RedDot Forever, available free at http://sourceforge.net/projects/reddot/ This program's sole purpose in life is to record .mid files. If it detects and records from your Kurzweil, then we'll delve deeper into why Composer is not detecting it. If RedDot doesn't pickup your MIDI device, then we'll have to look more to the Kurzweil and/or the CME cable interface.

ttfn,
Sherry
Hi Sherry,

Here we are a year later and I have the same problem with Notation Musician 2.6 Trial. (see my other post today). I did try your suggestion to D/L RedDot Forever and it worked just fine. It recognized my UM-1 midi interface and I was able to record and playback from/to my Yamaha keyboard synth.

cheers,
Rick

Last edited by Thoraldus; 06-22-2010 at 04:15 AM. Reason: add salutation