Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Technical area > Questions or problems
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search New Posts

Questions or problems Have a question or problem about something you can't find in the Help/Users Guide? Ask it here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-01-2010, 08:11 PM
Active User

Default Re: strange sounds...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry C View Post
Hi Marc,

Most likely it's due to pitch bends in the file, which do indeed alter the pitch of the notes, and can goof up the notation. For example, a note may have been entered as doh, but then a pitch bend was applied to the note to make it doh#. In that case, your ear hears "doh#" while the notation on the score shows "doh." Musician does not show Pitch Bend data, but Notation Composer does. Composer also allows you to edit pitch bend data. If you'll post the file and let me know which notes aren't correct, I'll take a look and see if there are indeed pitch bends involved.

ttfn,
Sherry

Hi Sherry

That is fast...Many thanks for your explanations. It is more complicated that I taught....

I am still trying to work out the country style music achy breaky heart.

I am sure about what you said, it is the pitch bend... I am passing the sheet for your analysis if you have time. the sound of a guitar may have influence the recognition.

Thaks once again,

Regards
marc
Attached Files
File Type: not exempm.not (722.1 KB, 1 views)