Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Technical area > Questions or problems

Questions or problems Have a question or problem about something you can't find in the Help/Users Guide? Ask it here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-14-2015, 12:10 PM
Product Manager

Location: Bad Axe, MI, USA (The Tip of the Thumb of Michigan)
Default Re: New Notation 3.0.3 issues

Hi George,

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswlogo View Post
I'm having more issues with 3.0.3 under Windows 10 than I did with 2.63
I'm sorry to hear that. We did fix over 1000(!) bugs - with the new release, so hopefully there is something that does indeed work better for you in there.

Quote:
Edit Repeat Instructions was always frustratingly tedious to use. Now, it's way worse. Why you folks can't add a Multi Line Cut, Copy and Paste here is beyond me.
Good suggestion - I don't know how that would work with the grid interface that we have implemented, but I've entered the suggestion for this enhancement in our task database.

Quote:
All I want to do it loop a tune 3x. The only reliable way to do it is with Repeat Instructions. I just want to open the tune and go.
We'll work on the mind reading aspect at some point in the future

Quote:
On the old version if I say insert after the last line, I could just hit insert after 20 times. Now every time I hit insert after, it unselects the last line and is implicitly on the first line and inserts at the top.

So I have to reselect the last line, hit insert after, select the last line, insert after etc.
Thanks for reporting this bug. Most folks only need to insert one line at a time because the automatically generated repetition instructions from putting in repeat barlines takes care of the majority of cases, which probably explains why that hasn't been reported previously. This is now task 2876

Quote:
It used to not care if verse was empty. I never knew what that ever did other than documentation. Now it requires verse be set on every line.
Most folks do want instructions or reminders for each line, but I'll enter the suggestion to not require that.
Quote:
I have a MIDI KeyBoard and LoopBe30 running. Every time I start the software it decides to do something different. All I want enabled is 4 LoopBe30 outputs. I unselect everything except the 4 LoopBe30 channels. It will stick a few times and then add them all back causing feedback and out of memory errors. Sometimes I forget to plug in USB before I start Notation and I think that triggers it to rescan everything.
There were a lot of changes made to the MIDI detection and such, and you're right that Composer reinitiates when it detects a different setup. You can save your regular setup by saving your configuration as something like "Standard" and then just bring that up when you run Composer and forget to plug in your USB or other devices.

Quote:
Also why do I have to select accents to be on head vs the tail of a note. Why can't you just put them where I click. This makes marking up music so tediously slow and error prone. Adding Slurs/Ties has bottom and top but seems to disregard that and just put it where you click. Why can't SIMPLER accents do the same? Things like these seem so obviously need improvement and nothing has changed in 6 years.
Actually a lot has changed in 6 years However, with a program as loaded as Composer is, not every detail has changed in that time period. These items are slated for improvement, but other items were more pressing.

Thanks for the time and suggestions!

ttfn,
Sherry