Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Share news about music

Share news about music Do you have some news about music that you'd like to share with others? Here's the place.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-28-2006, 06:28 PM
Sherry Crann (sherry)

Default Howdy Jeff, I'm glad yo

Howdy Jeff,

I'm glad you were able to remove the instruments that you don't want.

If you have MIDI files that you want to show chord symbols for, you do need something like Musician at least. Musician and Composer analyze not only the particular notes that are played together in one spot, but also analyze the key of the piece as well as the note progression up to and following the note grouping to give a very accurate "best guess" when they analyze the music for chord names. So, unless you know what the chord names are in order to enter them yourself, then you will benefit from this feature that is in both Musician and Composer. If you don't need to add notes, then Musician should do everything you need. Chord symbol information is not a part of the standard MIDI file format, so you need something like Musician or Composer to get those chord names.

Also, you've probably already figured this out, if you're planning to just delete any "extra" staves or notes, you should probably leave them in until _after_ you've done your chord analysis. Also, please remember that if you're using Musician and you delete a staff (or just a few notes), you won't be able to re-enter notes. Therefore, you may simply want to hide and mute the staves that you don't want, so that you'll keep the MIDI information for any possible later use.

I think you will do fine with Musician. I might mention also that if you do decide to purchase it now, you will be entitled to a free upgrade to version 2.0 when it is released later this year. The ease of use for version 2.0 is even better than for the current 1.1 version

Have fun with your organ! And feel free to share your arrangements in the "Share your music" section of the forum. It's always nice to hear and see what other musicians are doing

ttfn,
Sherry