Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Using Notation Software products with other (third party) products

Using Notation Software products with other (third party) products Find out from others, or share your experience, about integrating Notation Software products with sound libraries, audio processing software, and other hardware and software products.

Old 10-22-2007, 05:23 PM
rolandva7

Default Hello, I'm trying notatio

Hello,
I'm trying notation composer.
I created midi files with a software sequencer.In tracks I add midi events as program change, transpose and ......many other. When the sequencer turns ,these midi events are sent to my keyboard on the track 4 for example.
So my keyboard adapts itself when the sequencer plays .With notation composer my keyboard does not receive these midi events. Is it normal or what do I wrong?
For instruments I understood ,there is a special knob but how doing for the notation software accepts and sent my midi events programmed and saved in a midi file with a sequencer software.
Old 10-22-2007, 06:42 PM
Sherry Crann (sherry)

Default Howdy, I'm glad you'

Howdy,

I'm glad you're trying out Notation Composer, and I hope you're having fun exploring.

One are you'll want to check out is the GraphOverNotes feature. This allows you to graph your controllers (MIDI events) right on top of the score, so you can see exactly where you're putting such things as Mod Wheel changes, pitch bends, volume changes, Pedal events, or others.

Also, if it helps you to understand how Composer is set up, each staff on the score corresponds to a track in a sequencer. So with Composer, you get not only a notation application, but much of the power of a sequencer overlaid on the score.

I encourage you to explore the Users' Guide (Help/Users Guide) as well for helpful tips on how to use the graphing capability of Composer to very finely control your sound.

ttfn,
Sherry
Old 10-22-2007, 07:23 PM
Mark Walsen (markwa)

Default Hello,

Hello,

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

So my keyboard adapts itself when the sequencer plays .With notation composer my keyboard does not receive these midi events. Is it normal or what do I wrong?<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>Your MIDI keyboard might be expecting the MIDI data on MIDI channel 1, or some MIDI channel you probably can specify at your MIDI keyboard. Try changing the channel assignment of your Track 4 to MIDI channel 1 and play to your MIDI keyboard's MIDI Out.

Cheers
-- Mark
Old 10-25-2007, 04:35 PM
rolandva7

Default Hello Many thanks Notation

Hello
Many thanks
Notation is a very,very interesting software. Regrettably as for me it has no functions events which I wish. It seems to me that this software could interest more the musicians if as a sequencer ,it had a window events where we can create ALL the midi events and transform them. Maybe to envisage for a future version.And then without hesitating I buy it.
Old 11-24-2007, 10:59 AM
rolandva7

Default Hello, I read the post of Mar

Hello,
I read the post of Mark Walsen february 03, 2005 8:42 about midi event list.
Are you intend to include this function in a future version of notation composer
Thanks
Old 11-24-2007, 05:24 PM
Mark Walsen (markwa)

Default Hello Roland, It's a sh

Hello Roland,

It's a shame that this event list feature has been awaiting release for... I can't remember how long now... something like 18 months or longer. Sherry uses an in-house release of the event list a lot in studying customer support requests.

I haven't released the event list feature because it is intended to be part of a Notation Composer Pro product that will include other advanced features that would be inappropriate for Notation Composer, which is intended for "everyday musicians". Notation Composer already pushes beyond what a large portion of everyday musicians want. Many Notation Composer users choose to use it as a score creation problem, but not as a MIDI sequencer; that is, they don't use the piano roll, velocity vector, and MIDI graph features.

The Composer Pro product will be released next year, and it will include the event list feature.

Cheers
-- Mark
Old 11-25-2007, 10:42 AM
rolandva7

Default Hello Mark Many thanks rolan

Hello Mark
Many thanks
rolandva7