Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Technical area > Questions or problems
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search New Posts

Questions or problems Have a question or problem about something you can't find in the Help/Users Guide? Ask it here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-05-2013, 04:22 PM
Active User

Default Re: Re.Midi commands

Hi Sherry

Again many thanks for your reply.

I will try and answer your questions as best as I can:

1. I am afraid the Playlist Option would not suit the setup.

2. When you say that the that the Notation Composer won't TAKE a MIDI command what I am asking it to do is to GIVE one to the BK-7M without involving any sheets on the Composer.

3. You are perfectly correct when you say that the Performance aspect is something that is saved on the unit, and is not normally controlled via an internal MIDI command, however, it can be controlled by an MIDI command thegiven from an external source. I will explain this, I have a Roland A800Pro Midi Controller and if I allocate one of its buttons with the appropriate midi command to select a Performance (Sheet or Song) that is contained in the “My Performances “ UPS file in the BK-7m ,then that button when pressed will pass the command to the BK-7M and the selection will be made. This shows that what Roland says is correct that the command must come from an external source . by selecting this way you would need a few hundred buttons to select your Music Sheets which Ibam afraid is not practical.

4. The command in this case has nothing to do with instruments or styles but just recalling a Specific Performance Memory set up on a list in the BK-7M.

5. The BK-7M does not have an internal Hard Drive but all the data ,outside basics, are stored on USB Stick which is plugged into the back of the unit.

6. All Roland equipment from what I read are controlled by three CC commands which I have said previously; The Bank Select MSB, The Bank Select LSB and the Program Change (PC).
Now if I take one example of the command which I have to send to select one particular Music Sheet it would be ;

Recalling a Performance Memory from the loaded Performance List Via MIDI

Bank Select MSB
CC00 = 122 (This is a fixed value)

Bank Select LSB
CC32 = 00 (This could have a value from 0 to 7–Page Value)

Program Change (PC)
PC = 2 (This could have a value from 1 to 128 – Performance Memory Number )

In this example I would be calling Music Sheet No. Two on the List on Page One .

I can totally appreciate that without the hardware it can be most difficult to understand and I feel you have done fantastic in your assessments. I do hope that my modest explanations might be of some help.

Again my sincere thanks for your help.

Kind regards

Toni