Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Technical area > Questions or problems
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search New Posts

Questions or problems Have a question or problem about something you can't find in the Help/Users Guide? Ask it here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-05-2013, 01:23 PM
Active User

Default Re: Re.Midi commands

Hi Sherry

Many thanks for your prompt reply.

Perhaps I should have explained more fully what I am trying to do with my set-up. I understand what you have outlined in your mail where the composer can from each staff on a .NOT sheet decide what instruments are to be used etc. This is a wonderful function of Composer, however, what I am trying to do is a little more complicated.

I use Notation Composer to provide me with my own Fake Sheets which when I have written and/or edited them to my satisfaction I then convert them to PDF Music Sheets. I have to do this as I can then, using PC software, at the touch of a button display the relevant sheet that I require. Now I understand that if I used my original .NOT sheets I could use the options which you have described. I am afraid I can not go down this road as it would not suit my requirements.

The Roland BK-7M contains all its prepared songs in a USP file called “My Performances” and each song is an independent performance of its own.. It will not accept an internal midi file ( which I have tried ) to change from one song (Performance) to another, however , it will accept a midi change from an external source. If this was from a keyboard it would be a case of one button for each song !! this would not be feasible.

I realize that I was clasping at straws when I looked at the possibility of my Notation Composer to come to the rescue. I have scoured the net upside down to try and find a program, which as an external source will take a midi command and also will play a PC MIDI file. Perhaps Sherry if you feel that Notation Composer can not be used as an external midi source you might ,from your experience in this field , be able to suggest an alternative program tat is available ?

Again many thanks for the help which you provided.

Kind regards

Toni