Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Tips and tricks for using Notation Software products
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search New Posts

Tips and tricks for using Notation Software products Learn (and share) tips and tricks for getting the most out of your Notation Software products.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-15-2012, 09:43 AM
Active User

Default Re: Chord Problem

Hi Sherry

Many thanks for your reply.

I now understand what you meant in your previous mail ,what confused me was your reference to a "File" and what you were refering to was Composer which I regard as the program.Sorry about that.

To answer your questions as best that I can as follows:

1. I am fortunate to have three monitors at my disposal and what I do is to run your Video on "Real Time Recording" which I have downloaded on one of these and run the Composer on another and copy exactly as you direct step by step without changing anything. This should tell you exactly the steps that I feed the program with and in what sequence. On the sample file that I sent you I used a simple "Three Blind Mice" as the tune in order to reduce any complications.

2. The extra measures are added the moment I press the keyboard. If I was to leave it start up and not press the keyboard it would perform the two bar intro and the metronome will continue across the 16 Measures perfectly normal as long as I make no input. It refuses at anytime to place the score at the start of the selected 16 Measures or any part of these measures.

3. It happens every time I start a new recording a new file. As I am sure you can see from the sample it will place the recording perfectly way down the sheet on the new measures which are introduced by the program.

4. There are no other files present when I start a recording. I always start from a clean start having switched of composer before I start a new one. As I have said above I sometimes run your video to make sure that I am following directions to the tee but I have also switched off your video and started a recording in case that it running at the same time had any effect, however , I got exactly the same reults.

5. On the question of what tune do I try and record , I try a different one at random and it is always at the start of any tune that it happens never at a later section. As pointed out above always at whatever measure the keyboard is pressed for the first time in the recording.

6. 16 Meaures are selected for the file as you know that is what you select in your video. Now I have tried varying this number to see if it would have any effect but no it remained just the same.

7. One thing that keeps sticking in my mind is that are there any presets in composer that may be set wrongly and is affecting the use of Real Time ? Is Real Time a facility that is totally independent of any other function and would not be effected by any other preset that really may have nothing to do with the operation of Real Time ? By this I mean that supposing you wanted to use Composer for nothing else only to record Real Time would you have to make sure that other settings for other facilities in Composer were not set that they would interfere with the operation of Real Time even if you set up all the relevent settings perfectly for this function ? As I have told you in a previous mail Step Time works perfectly for me with no problem so this should rule out any possability of any problem with communication between the keyboard and Composer. Another thing that confirms this is the fact that the Real Time is actually recording on the sheet but messing things up in the process.

Sherry I hope that the above info covers what you requested and may help somewhat to find out where the problem lies. Please dont hesitate to to tell me if you find that it is at my end as I would certainly not take it for granted that this is ruled out.

Kind regards
Toni