Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Tips and tricks for using Notation Software products
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search New Posts

Tips and tricks for using Notation Software products Learn (and share) tips and tricks for getting the most out of your Notation Software products.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-14-2012, 12:34 PM
Active User

Default Re: Chord Problem

Hi Sherry,
Again my thanks for your help which I found most informative.
I tried all of your suggestions and the best way of letting you know how I got on would be the following. I used The Blue Danube MIDI as my example and came up with the following results. As I had used it before it provided the sheet with 31 chords and 16 of them were acceptable this would be 49%. After changing over to your directions it provided 34 chords with 21 of them acceptable which is 71%. Now this is an improvement of 22%, which I feel, is a very noticeable improvement. When I started with Composer I had it in my mind that it should automatically provide 100% correct chords but on thinking about it I feel that I was being far too optimistic. I realise now that there is only so much creativity you should expect from any computer program and adding the chords to a melody with limited information being fed in is asking a lot, I now see why the added human touch is necessary. It requires just to try and feed in as much additional help as possible in order for the program to provide the best result and this I accept.
If I may ask just one further question and then I won’t bother you for awhile!! I am using your Video on Metronome Recording to try and do some Real Time recording. (By the way your Video’s are great as you make it most easy to follow them, keep up your fantastic work). Now I follow everything exactly as you direct but when I get to actually recording that is when the Metronome starts off with its opening two starting beats and then I press the first note on the keyboard, about 50 or 60 new measures appear on the sheet (which I never asked) for and it then starts showing the recorded message for the notes way down on the last measure that has appeared and continues doing this as long as I keep pressing keys, if I stop it will go back to the to the beginning of the sheet wherever the Metronome was meant to be and then if I press more keys it will add more measures on to the sheet and record again further down the sheet !!! I might add that the Step Time works perfectly with the keyboard it is only when I try to use Real Time that this happens. I tried using Real Time without the Metronome but it behaves the same. I have tried dozens of times to correct this but without success. Where am I going wrong ?
Again sorry to bother you .
Kind regards
Toni