Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Share Your Music

Share Your Music Share your .not or .mid files of your arrangements or compositions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-24-2015, 02:07 AM

Default Sorrow Lives Here

"Sorrow Lives Here" was written by Eric Kaz in 1967 and performed admirably by Linda Ronstadt. This beautiful arrangement has long been one of my favorites -- an elegantly simple arrangement for voice and piano. I don't know whether Eric Kaz actually wrote the arrangement.

I thought forum followers might like to see the piano music, full of slow, graceful arpeggios and a beautiful ascending line within the arpeggios.

This score is what you see on the original sheet music in one of Linda's song books. Even though I have included the lyrics, I have converted the voice part to alto saxophone, so I can play my alto along with the piano part on my Clavinova.

The alto part is one octave lower than the written voice part. I have not included volume changes for the several crescendo/decrescendo passages.

As this is a copyrighted piece, I have included the copyright information in the footer for the score.

If you would like to hear one of Linda's performances of this piece, it can be
found on You Tube at:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9VSp7ZD0jg

Ralph Rayner
Attached Files
File Type: not Sorrow Lives Here.not (53.2 KB, 27 views)

Last edited by rrayner; 07-24-2015 at 02:11 AM. Reason: Could not get You Tube formatting to work.