Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Share news about music

Share news about music Do you have some news about music that you'd like to share with others? Here's the place.

Old 04-22-2017, 11:44 AM
Administrator

Default Vika Yermolyeva supports Notation Software

We are pleased to announce that Vika Yermolyeva supports Notation Software. Vika is an excellent artist on the piano for classical and modern music. Her YouTube videos are famous and meanwhile her videos have been called more than 90 million (!) times. More than 500 000 YouTube users subscribed to her videos. She is a real YouTube star and her live gigs are phenomenal. Vika's speciality is to create piano arrangements of popular classical and modern songs at the highest musical level. All her arrangements were made with Notation Composer. Vika is a customer of Notation Software for many years.

Here are a few examples of her arrangements where you see how excellent the arrangements are and how brilliant Vika plays piano:

Eagles - Hotel California (not available in US)

Guns N' Roses - Sweet Child o' Mine

The Doors - Riders On The Storm

playing Metallica - Master of Puppets in Zurich, February 19 2011

More can be found on Vika's YouTube page or on her website vkgoeswild

Near term we plan a video tutorial where Vika will show how she uses Notation Composer for her arrangements.

This is one of those example where we at Notation Software have real fun supporting musicians in their day-to-day work.

Reinhold

Last edited by Reinhold H.; 04-24-2017 at 09:19 AM.
Old 04-23-2017, 03:23 PM

Default Re: Vika Yermolyeva supports Notation Software

Being curious, I tried the link to "Hotel California". You Tube initiated and gave me the following error message:

This video contains content from UMPG Publishing, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds. Sorry about that.

I am in the U. S. of A.

Ralph Rayner
Old 04-24-2017, 09:15 AM
Administrator

Yes, looks like UMPG Publishing does not have an agreement with Google for "Hotel California" in the US. But the other 3 videos work nicely in the US.

For the video of "Hotel California" configuring the browser through a German proxy will work in the US. A German proxy can be found here.

In Germany there was a long battle of YouTube/Google with the GEMA (which acts on behalf of all publisher's rights) but last year they finally found an agreement.

Reinhold
Old 04-24-2017, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhold H. View Post
For the video of "Hotel California" configuring the browser through a German proxy will work in the US. Reinhold
Hi Reinhold,

I know it is not your job to teach your respondents how to use the internet, but I don't understand what "configuring the browser through a German proxy" means. I went to the link, and I don't see anything on that page that would take me to your "Hotel California" link. I wouldn't waste your time by raising this point, except I figure I wouldn't be the only one to not understand your directions, but please, this is not a high priority.

Ralph Rayner
Old 04-28-2017, 10:47 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrayner View Post
Hi Reinhold,

I know it is not your job to teach your respondents how to use the internet, but I don't understand what "configuring the browser through a German proxy" means.
This is really something for experienced users. Btw. there is a very nice explanation about a proxy on Wikipedia. Please see here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrayner View Post
I went to the link, and I don't see anything on that page that would take me to your "Hotel California" link. I wouldn't waste your time by raising this point, except I figure I wouldn't be the only one to not understand your directions, but please, this is not a high priority.

Ralph Rayner
My comment to go with a German proxy should be just for those who are very familar with doing things like that and would like to absolutely listen to Vika's great arrangement of "Hotel California" for piano.

Reinhold
Old 11-30-2017, 08:38 AM

Vika is amazing. I love her channel. Glad to hear she supports Notation Software.
Old 06-13-2020, 01:54 PM
Active User

it's been a rocky few years since the opera catastrophes and I'm way behind in catching up. Thanks for the info on Vika, I'm really impressed!