Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Using Notation Software products with other (third party) products

Using Notation Software products with other (third party) products Find out from others, or share your experience, about integrating Notation Software products with sound libraries, audio processing software, and other hardware and software products.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-10-2016, 04:48 PM
Active User

Default Re: 'dirty' midi

Hallo, Sherry

I can't speak for 'all' midi files. I've used two that happened to be part of my current activity flow, and had rather different ensembles. But I would point out again that these same files play happily in other softwares. I can now add Midi-Illustrator to the list – like your Player, it picked up the midi set-up without any detailed configuring and plays the same files cleanly through the Ketron. So I really doubt it is a file-specific issue.

Also, although as I've explained, I've been switching between softwares, I always close one before opening another. And I have simply restarted the notebook from time to time.

I have also been into the registry and cleaned out 'midi-n' entries, back to just a single 'midi' entry.

Each time I 'do something', I tend to go first to 'the other' software to check that it is still working, and then close it and try NC again.
It has got so even the ' test' scale is (a) not piano and (b) not really a scale.

I'm not really pointing the finger at Composer, well, not totally. (NC is far the best software I know for what I want to do, and it is intended to do what I want to do ! And I've just bought a second copy !)

The Ketron itself can be a peculiar beast.

But the way 3 applications play this set-up like a dream, and two others clearly 'don't like it', puzzles me considerably.

Might it be worth uninstalling NC entirely and re-installing ?

Cheers

Ian