Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Technical area > Questions or problems

Questions or problems Have a question or problem about something you can't find in the Help/Users Guide? Ask it here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-28-2011, 02:05 PM

Default Multi-voice Problems

Hi Sherry -- I've been excited to read your response in "Still having problems with upper lower notation". I never found this capability, and I'd love to use it. One of the situations I chose to test is a measure from one of the strings pieces I did. I was always frustrated where I would have divisi violins in this instance, and the lower voice would be a half note, but the upper voice was moving. The lower voice would be broken apart into two tied quarter notes.

I've attached your Song1.not, wherein I've added (measure 3) an example from one of my scores. Measures 5 and 7 are two different treatments of measure 3.

1) the middle C on beat 1 - is there a way to show that uv is supposed to be playing a middle C quarter note, while lv is holding a half note? Essentially, uv and lv are playing a unison middle C for one beat, before uv breaks away.

2) measures 5 and 7 - two different attempts to separate uv and lv; all six of the notes in the quarter note triplet won't separate into two voices; measure 5 shows the Bb and G to be both uv; measure 7 shows G and Eb to be both lv; am I not holding my mouth right to get this to work?

Ralph
Attached Files
File Type: not Song1.not (8.3 KB, 1 views)