Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Share Your Music

Share Your Music Share your .not or .mid files of your arrangements or compositions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-22-2008, 01:55 AM
David Jacklin (dj)

Default One more piece from my "Ga

One more piece from my "Gates of the Millenium" collection.

This is my third try at this one -- the message board keeps telling me the upload file is greater than 500K when it isn't.

So, to get this here, I've had to remove almost all the formatting and to amalgamate the organ manuals into one staff.

This is a hymn. A hard rock hymn. In fact, a heavy metal hymn.

It's a hymn for a modern age -- man's quest for a place in an uncertain and unknowable world. That's about all the philosophy I'll discuss.

Musically, it's progressive metal, I'd say. Black Sabbath buffs may notice a borrowed rhythm in the guitar breaks -- if you're going to steal, steal from the best.

One day, I hope to play the organ part of this on my 3-manual Wurlitzer theatre organ, through virtual pipe organ software. A lot of hours yet before the Wurly makes any sound, though.

This is just to show that, as Tina Turner famously said, "it ain't all nice and easy; some times it's hard and rough."

<center><table border=1><tr><td>Hymn
Hymn.not (495.2 k)</td></tr></table></center>