Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Technical area > Questions or problems

Questions or problems Have a question or problem about something you can't find in the Help/Users Guide? Ask it here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-19-2010, 06:29 PM
Senior User

Default Different note durations on same staff

I am trying to put in a worship song score where the vocal line has notes of one duration but the keyboard accompaniment (vocal line + extra chording) includes notes of a (mostly) longer duration. I have been able to put in some of these notes OK using the two different voices but one problem remains.

The vocal line has, for example, a sequence of quarter, eighth and dotted notes, whilst the accompaniment includes a whole note, or sometimes a half-note. But when I enter the whole note, even in a different voice to the vocal line notes, it gets split into a tied sequence of notes matching the vocal line.

This looks very messy compared to the printed score which has a nice single whole note - and I guess my keyboard player will not be delighted.

I cannot easily put the accompaniment notes on to a separate staff as the keyboard still has to play the vocal line as well.

So, any way of forcing Notation NOT to split the whole note?