Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Technical area > Questions or problems

Questions or problems Have a question or problem about something you can't find in the Help/Users Guide? Ask it here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-17-2010, 05:10 PM
Active User

Default Composer unpredictable and won't save

I'm afraid I have given up on Notation Composer except to play midis and make temporary alterations to key signatures or instrumentation to aid practice sessions. When composing I have found that, after about the first dozen or so bars of music, further progress is practically impossible because the software enters combinations of notes (and/or rests) which bear no relation to what I intended. My music is of the simplest kind, 3/4 or 4/4 time and in easy key signatures so it is not that I am getting tangled up trying to do something complex. If I can handle the software sufficiently well to get a dozen or so bars finished without hiccups of this sort, I can see no reason at all for problems to start appearing.
It would also help if I could make alterations to the music in .mid or .not files and then save the altered files but they will not save. For example, usually I will change the lead (or melody) instrument and perhaps also the key signature, but on saving the file and then re-opening it I find that there has been no change from the original.