Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Share Your Music

Share Your Music Share your .not or .mid files of your arrangements or compositions.

Old 08-06-2007, 05:18 PM
David Jacklin (dj)

Default Hi, all: I haven't put

Hi, all:

I haven't put any music up for a while, so I thought I'd offer this one. This is a piece for pipe organ called Battleground.

It's originally from an unfinished (and likely to remain so) cantata I called Requiem For A Century, for organ, voices, piano and electronics. I think, however, I'm going to borrow it to use in a suite of music for an October production of Dracula, and for subsequent inclusion on a concept album I've been working on called Nosferatu Suite.

I plan to do the final audio version of it using Jim Henry's fabulous MidiTzer virtual Wurlitzer organ (www.virtualorgan.com).

A bit of an homage to J.S. Bach and Olivier Messien, I guess.

Enjoy.
<center><table border=1><tr><td>Battleground
Battleground.not (342.8 k)</td></tr></table></center>
Old 08-07-2007, 12:13 AM
Djim Tio (djimtio)

Default Hi David Impressive organ pie

Hi David
Impressive organ piece indeed.I listened with different soundfonts (
Grand plein Jeux,Gothic organ and Miditzer SF2´s)through SB live soundcard and to my surprise the Miditzer sound could in no way match up
with the two other sf´s.Anyway, I enjoyed listening to it.Thanks and
regards
Djim
Old 08-07-2007, 03:35 AM
David Jacklin (dj)

Default Hi, Djim: I didn't incl

Hi, Djim:

I didn't include any different registrations in this version, as most people wouldn't be playing through a SF that allowed multiple pipe organ voicings, so that may be it.

I'll have to look up the other SF's you mentioned.

Thanks.

David
Old 08-07-2007, 03:54 AM
Tim Fatchen (flyingtadpole)

Default Hi David, long time no type!

Hi David, long time no type! THis struck me as very theatrical, I think it'll adapt well to bloodsucking. Impact will of course be greater with changes in registrations.

I confess to being intrigued by Bar 53, a sole 5/8 measure. Was this intentional or cheating in the edit? (says he, known to have bars of 63/64 in some compositions where cleaning up the input errors was just too hard ;)

Tim
www.myspace.com/timfatchen
Old 08-08-2007, 09:23 PM
David Jacklin (dj)

Default Hi, Tim: Yeah, bar 53 is a

Hi, Tim:

Yeah, bar 53 is a cheat. I wanted a bit of a hold there and, in a midi file, that's sometimes the easiest way to do it. I looked at it after I posted the file and thought "Ah, ha! Somebody's going to catch me."

I should be a 2/4 bar with a fermata on the last note.

David
Old 08-09-2007, 07:11 AM
M G Jacobs (mgj32)

Default Hi David, Enjoyed "Batt

Hi David,

Enjoyed "Battleground". I tried Pipe organ patches in three collections, applying the same font to each staff on its own channel. Each playing conveyed the restlessness and breathless energy of the piece. I guess maybe the Airfont organ gave the best overall sound of the three.

all best,
mgj