Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Share news about music

Share news about music Do you have some news about music that you'd like to share with others? Here's the place.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-08-2012, 11:05 AM
Active User

Default Re: Ridiculously inexpensive MIDI-to-USB cable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry C View Post
Hi friends,

Folks often ask for recommendations for MIDI/USB interfaces. These are the MIDI In and MIDI Out going to a USB plug, which are handy if you have an older keyboard that is still working fine. I gave a link for a really inexpensive one below, which may or may not work for you.
Just to add: I've been using one of the ridiculously cheap supposedly crappy junk MIDI-USB links for years now, when I'm away from home base (where nothing is USB, its all proper/oldfashioned MIDI-in-out plugs unless I'm cheating on the office computer in which case I have to use it). Never had a hiccup. Equipment when using it: laptop (Acer Travelmate, about 7 years old, running XP), one or other Medeli midi keyboards, or my ancient Yamaha PSR-310. At $4 to $5 for a unit, what's to lose? Those units appear identical to the one I've got, which cost about $20 five years ago.