Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Technical area > Suggestions and feature requests
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search New Posts

Suggestions and feature requests Make suggestions for improving any aspect of any Notation Software product, or for new features.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-29-2011, 07:19 PM
Active User

Default Re: Composer 3.0?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry C View Post
Hi Larry,

I remember you from the 1.0 beta testing days

Yes we do miss Mark very much - he was a genius in many ways, and a great friend as well.

As for the version of Composer, it has been our company policy that any major upgrades (eg. from 1 - 2) are free if they occur within 6 months of the purchase. I don't have a timeline for a 3.0 release right now as we are still looking for a new developer, so you're safe either way

Thanks!
Sherry
I too wondered about this. I realy liked the upgrade a few years ago, but I imagine that Mark was responsible on his own for the nuts and bolts of its working.

I hope that you are able to find somebody to take over where he left off because the market for software is getting increasingly competitive, with new software like Notion3 which sits, in terms of price, below Sibelius and Finale. It would be a shame if Notation Composer felt relegated to sit in a much lower price niche because there's nobody who can oversee a major upgrade (eg. greater choice of tuplets, new sounds etc)
Best wishes

adrian