Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Using Notation Software products with other (third party) products

Using Notation Software products with other (third party) products Find out from others, or share your experience, about integrating Notation Software products with sound libraries, audio processing software, and other hardware and software products.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-02-2012, 07:30 AM
Senior User

Default Re: Yamaha KX 49 & Composer problem

Hi Sherry,
Your set up instructions and the graphics are very clear and look like they should work. But either I'm screwing up somewhere or the Audigy 2 ZS sound card isn't made for use with a virtual midi cable.
Where I am. In Synthfont input ports I have Maple Midi 1-4 listed as well as SB Audio 2 ZS IO (C880). I have checked Maple I for slots 0-15 and the SB Audigy... for slots 16-32.
In Composer on the left I have Maple 1-4 and SB Auidio 2 ZS Midi IO (C880). Nothing is checked for imput ports. On the right Maple 1-4, MS Wavetable, Audigy Synth A and Synth B and the Audigy MIDI IO. I have everything checked by the Audigy MIDI IO. I have also checked this on the right, unchecked MS Wavetable, Maple 2-4, but with no better results.
When I test playback only Synth A and B work. No sound from Maple 1. However if I check Maple 1 on the left, also, then the scale plays but with the green light flashing on both Maple 1 and Synth A.
Maple 1 produces no sound in Synthfont, either. If I load a midi file, select a chanel and select Mapel I for midi out, ia message pops up saying "could not open midi port." Then SF bank reverts to merlin creative and it begins to play.

I hope you can point me to something to try. In the meantime, the Sax/Violin Concerto well started, will accumulate a whole lot of sound changes.

All best,
mgj

I noticed that Maple is listed in Composer as an External Device, but if I click the properties of Maple 1, there it is, listed as a Mini Output Device, with the sound font banks listed, just as in the sound card's SF bank manager and Composer, and as the default in Synthfont.

The only thing I can think of to try is to configure New External Device, with the same check (midi output device) as is already in properties, then add the same banks as are there. Since Composer already recognizes it under properties, that doesn't sound necessary.