Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Technical area > Questions or problems

Questions or problems Have a question or problem about something you can't find in the Help/Users Guide? Ask it here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-29-2009, 04:55 PM
Saranyu

Default Transcribing Arpeggios

I've just started using Composer, mainly to transcribe midi files so I can try to play them on the piano. I am relearning piano after a break of some 35 years, so I need all the help I can get; that includes the simplest notation possible.

My problem has to do with transcribing arpeggiated chords, and I enclose a fragment of the midi file to illustrate the problem.

Composer transcribes the chords correctly, of course, but uses a slew of ties. Is there a simple way to "clean" this up. Simply trying to replace the relevant notes with the ornament as described in the manual does not work, for a variety of reasons that are obvious once on loads this fragment into NC. So I seem to be reduced to manually changing the attacks and duration of individual notes until I have something that can written as an arpeggiated chord. In some cases this seems virtually impossible, given that the notes span separate measures.

I realize that there is no completely automatic way to do this, given the vagaries of a live performance captured on midi, but I would appreciate any tips on how to speed up the editing process.
Attached Files
File Type: mid Fragment.MID (3.1 KB, 4 views)