Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Share Your Music > "Learning and Teaching" pieces

"Learning and Teaching" pieces Arrangements for helping aspiring musicians learn to play from sheet music.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-03-2016, 02:27 PM

Default Pretty Woman Duet

“Pretty Woman” was written in 1964 by Roy Orbison & Bill Dees. It made it to number one on the Billboard Hot 100 that year, staying there for three weeks.

Making a reduction of a “guitar band” piece for wind instruments is a challenge -- guitar players breathe whenever they feel like it. Fortunately, this song is primarily a vocal, which makes it easier. I have taken a few liberties with the guitar parts, reducing the number of repetitions to make it easier to play with wind instruments.

I do not have a lead sheet for this song, so I am not certain if I have the 2/4 measures placed correctly. Where I have a 2/4 measure followed by a 4/4 measure may be just the opposite. However, the number of beats ends up being correct.

As in many of my recent pieces, you can use Composer commands to display the lyrics (qsl) or the chords (qscn).

Ralph R. Rayner
Attached Files
File Type: not Pretty Woman Duet.not (55.1 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by rrayner; 07-04-2016 at 02:33 AM. Reason: Fixed Slur Error