Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Share Your Music > "Learning and Teaching" pieces

"Learning and Teaching" pieces Arrangements for helping aspiring musicians learn to play from sheet music.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-04-2014, 02:42 AM

Default The Impossible Dream Duet

"The Impossible Dream" was written by Mitch Lee in 1965, and was featured in the Broadway Show, "The Man of La Mancha".

This duet is sort of advanced, in that the time signature is 9/8, but when you play it, it feels very much like you are playing a waltz in 3/4 time.

There is one oddity that you may or may not see on your PC -- in Window view in measures 21 and 22 in the Alto part, the slur is distorted. It is this way on my PC, but when I switch to Page view for printing, the distortion goes away. We print both parts together and share the page. If you print the parts separately, you will have to delete and redraw this distorted slur if it bothers you. Sorry for the inconvenience. I have tried many times to delete and redraw the slur for public release, but I can't seem to get it right.

Ralph Rayner
Attached Files
File Type: not Impossible Dream Duet.not (40.7 KB, 15 views)