Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Share Your Music > "Learning and Teaching" pieces

"Learning and Teaching" pieces Arrangements for helping aspiring musicians learn to play from sheet music.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-29-2014, 08:16 PM

Default Swan Lake Waltz Duet

The "Swan Lake" ballet was written by Peter Ilytch Tchaikovsky in the 1875–1876 time frame. This Swan Lake Waltz Duet is a reduction of one of the scenes in the ballet and it seems to be referred to online simply as waltz. This piece is perhaps an intermediate level for playing.

Phrasing is always a problem in a reduction of pieces written for strings, so I have added several breath marks (large commas between slurs) to emphasize that a quick breath should be taken before the next phrase. You may find that you can cover longer phrases with one breath, which would be fine.

I hope you enjoy playing this. My wife and I are having a ball with it.

Ralph Rayner
Attached Files
File Type: not Swan Lake Waltz Duet.not (32.3 KB, 14 views)