Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Using Notation Software products with other (third party) products

Using Notation Software products with other (third party) products Find out from others, or share your experience, about integrating Notation Software products with sound libraries, audio processing software, and other hardware and software products.

Old 08-30-2009, 12:00 PM
Active User

Default Has anyone shifted to GPO4 yet?

I've had to upgrade my samples from Garriton Personal Orchestra 2 to GPO 4. "Too synthy" say all the reviewers, for music they would have forwarded on two years ago. Sigh.... anyway...

I haven't yet installed GPO4 because (a) my fast Pentium chip is incompatible with the present computer and (b) I'm in the middle of some desperately fast creative sketching and I don't want to fight with a new palyer.

GPO4 uses the Aria player, not the Native Instruments one, and I'm just wondering whether anyone has got going on it yet?

I won't be able to fire up another newer computer (used of course...) for three or four weeks, so I can't offer anything at present.
Old 09-02-2009, 03:13 AM
Senior User

Default Re: Has anyone shifted to GPO4 yet?

Hi,

If you own GPO2 with KP2, you can upgrade the player to KP3 at no cost.

I have upgraded to GPO4 with the aria player. The GPO samples have not changed except that they have been reprogrammed to suit the aria player. Some very good brass sounds from Project Sam Brass have been added. You can use GPO2 wit KP2 or KP3 side by side with GPO4 and the aria player. The aria player is very easy to use and relatively low on use of computer resources.

Being able to use GPO2 and GPO4 side by side makes the change over easy in respect to managing old projects and new projects.

Herbert
Old 10-07-2009, 05:21 AM
ajoteph

Hi,

Did you say you updated from GPO 2 to GPO 4?

is it DIRECTLY updated?

would it integrate with Sibelius 6 easily without the use of GPO Studio?

thanks so much!

please help me, i also need GPO studio to mediate between GPO 2 and Sibelius 6.

thanks again.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:27 AM
Senior User

Hi ajoteph,

There is a GPO2 under Garritan Studio and a GPO3 under KP2 and KP3. All three sample players are by Native Instruments. GPO4 runs under Aria by Garritan. Each successive player has become more efficient in using computer resources. KP2 and KP3 are worthwhile to get for their plug-ins. Both players are for free. GPO4 has some really good new brass instruments from Project Sam Brass. It has a basic mixer and reverb only, no other effects.

I started off with GPO2 under Garritan Studio and upgraded to KP2, KP3 and now to Aria player with GPO4. I never have had a problem. You can use KP2, KP3 and the Aria player side by side.

I don’t have Sibelius and can’t comment on it.

Herbert
Old 10-20-2009, 11:23 AM
Active User

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbert View Post

I started off with GPO2 under Garritan Studio and upgraded to KP2, KP3 and now to Aria player with GPO4. I never have had a problem. You can use KP2, KP3 and the Aria player side by side.
Herbert
OK, I've just loaded GPO4, fired up the Aria player but...it doesn't show on Composer. I can't pick it up on config. What am i doing wrong?? Or, is it that I have to run GPO4 and Aria through something like VSTHost? (whereas Garritan Studio will allow direct access for COmposer to earlier GPOs without needing VSTHost)

Last edited by flyingtadpole; 10-21-2009 at 05:05 AM. Reason: added a bit of clarification!
Old 10-21-2009, 08:54 AM
Senior User

Hi,

If you have MidiYoke installed on your computer, you will find Midi Yoke under Tools, Preferences, in the free standing Aria player.

Using VSTHost gives you more possibilities and importantly the ability to export to .wav. You are right,Garritan Studio runs direct under Composer.

Best wishes,

Herbert