Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > General music tips and questions

General music tips and questions Ask questions or share tips about instruments, playing, writing music, or other music-related topics.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-21-2013, 06:52 PM

Default Re: Need help in chording!

Hi Sherry,

My apologies for my delayed response on this. I have read the information at the link and have been most impressed (and grateful) for the reference to the obscure (to me) Windows Media Player having the ability to slow down the tempo of a piece while keeping the pitches at their original settings. WOW!! A very valuable tool for transcribing. Your dialog led me to searching for "how to" do this. This was a mystery tour, as at first, the articles were telling me to use the "Now Playing" tab, which I couldn't locate in my (what I believe to be) WMP 11.0.

To shorten this discussion, I found that when WMP 11..0 is in "Now Playing" mode (w/no tabs whatsoever), that in order to get into "Settings", one needs to simply right click on any of the open space in "Now Playing". This yields a drop down menu of settings which include "Enhancements". Selecting "Enhancements" will open up a menu which includes "Play speed settings". Clicking on this gives you a slider bar with which you can slow down or speed up the file you are listening to. What an invaluable tool!! Thank you very much for directing me to it.

I hope this will help others who are interested in transcribing wav or mp3 files.

Ralph

Last edited by rrayner; 11-21-2013 at 07:14 PM. Reason: Changed midi to mp3 - NC can do midi