Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Share news about music

Share news about music Do you have some news about music that you'd like to share with others? Here's the place.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-07-2008, 01:56 PM
David Jacklin (dj)

Default Hi, Tim: If I ever get to A

Hi, Tim:

If I ever get to Australia, I'll want to drive around for a few thousand miles and just read place names! What fun just to say words like "Innamincka" and "Cunnamulla".

In Canada, of course, we have Kapuskasing, Chibougamou and Tuktoyaktuk. Not to mention Medicine Hat and my personal favourite: Head-Smashed-In-Buffalo-Jump (now just called Buffalo Jump). And in Newfoundland, Go Home and Di*do (12th letter of the alphabet, but there may be youngsters reading this) -- I'm not kidding about that last. Or about any of them, actually.

I have ten or a dozen synthesizers, samplers or digital keyboards here, as well as a piano, a Rhodes 73 and three Hammonds, but there is nothing like the power of a big liturgical organ. And you can find some nice consoles for very little money these days: the market for organs isn't what it used to be.

We're playing shuffle with keyboards this week, trying to clear some space for a Christmas tree. The Wurlitzer is sitting in the spot we usually put our tree. There is a Hammond behind the door in the picture above and my son and I will be carrying it upstairs to allow the Wurlitzer to go through the door and sit behind it. First, we have to re-arrange the piano and the two other Hammonds to let things move around.

Not to mention the fact that my theatre company recently moved out of the space we have been in for eleven years and half of the equipment ended up in my house. There's not a lot of space left!

Cheers

David