Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Technical area > Questions or problems
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search New Posts

Questions or problems Have a question or problem about something you can't find in the Help/Users Guide? Ask it here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-13-2009, 12:17 PM
Active User

Default Midi file won't load

Hello! I'm back!
It took me awhile to find anything to complain about.
It took me even so long that my usual log in name wasn't valid anymore
To refresh your memory: I'm Ingrid from Holland
(Yes, the one who could find bugs very easy )

Anyway, I found something again:
I've just finished my 2nd Symphony in a Multitrack Software Program
(sorry guys, I can't compose with just the notes, I only need the sounds) and it's a long piece with a total of 20 minutes. So I've cut them into smaller pieces in order to print them out, so I can put the dynamics in by hand. That way I can put them quicker into the BIG full score of the total 20 minutes when I've put them all together again.

For 3 pieces it went great, but the 4th didn't want to load at all. I get the following message at the bottom:

Command is unexpectedly complex (C:\notation\branches\version2x\version234\src\not ation\NOTATE\DURATION.CPP:779) (error1)

Now... I *know* my music is complex
First of all, it has 24 staffs when all instruments are playing, and it has alot of tempo- en time signature changes. The only thing that's really different from the previous pieces is that there are a few 64th notes in it. But I don't see how that should be a problem for Composer.

Hopefully by seeing above mentioned error, you know what's wrong and that you can tell me what I should do to get this midi file loaded.

Falderie (Ingrid)

Last edited by Falderie; 12-14-2009 at 07:18 AM.