Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Share Your Music

Share Your Music Share your .not or .mid files of your arrangements or compositions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-05-2007, 05:13 PM
Derek Sanders (derek_sanders)

Default Ah!!Big D!!What a picture '

Ah!!Big D!!What a picture 'Breakthrough' makes..It took me back to Dartmoor in South West England...Your opening set the scene of a misty morning on desolate moorland and then gently brought in a small group of beautiful girls just visible through the swirling fronds of mist, they are dancing, and all are wearing the soft white diaphanous gowns that make them like zephyrs, the repetitive theme, which I like to call circular music is expected here, it keeps coming around and around and the rise and fall of the sound gives impetus to the dancers, gradually they drift back into the mist and fade out of sight, I would have liked the ending to go back to the same sound as the opening, that would have completed the circle for me, this is visual music, I love music that conjures up pictures in my imagination and this did it well, I can well understand why Sherry's kids thought it 'Cool', I'm an old man but I'd agree and say it is the epitome of 'Cool' If I were younger I can see myself 'moving' to it. I go back many years now, this reminds me in a way of Ketelby who was a master of descriptive music, all his music conjured up pictures of what the title indicated. Thanks for those enjoyable few moments when an old man dreamed again............I greatly anticipate more of such music....Well Done!...........

Have a Good one.......TTYL......Derek.