Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Share Your Music
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search New Posts

Share Your Music Share your .not or .mid files of your arrangements or compositions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-05-2005, 05:53 AM
M G Jacobs (mgj32)

Default Hi Mark, We'll never know

Hi Mark,
We'll never know if I would have thought "Hey, echoes of Prokofiev" if I hadn't read your comment before listening. I can think of some others that might have jumped to mind in places--Ravel, Poulenc, even Khachaturian. But I did think of Prokofiev, especially, for some reason the 3rd piano concerto, on first hearing it a couple of days ago. I also thought that there was material for a movement of a piano concerto here.

I obviously liked it, or I wouldn't have played it again, as I just did. I also read the rest of the posts, with which I generally agree--particularly regarding the long time until 110 arrives. But this time as I listened, the back of my mind was at work and hearing that concerto movement--the third or first. The basic idea in the first measures, quasi martial, is followed by a lot of developmental material which wouldn't have to all appear in sequence. The idea starting at measure 110, kind of a variation on the original idea, but with lyric possibilities, might be introduced earlier and returned to several times. I can even hear it ending the piece, after the buildup that starts around measure -- forgot now -- returning maestoso.

Well, anyhow, 1) I like it and 2) I think it would make a good piece for piano and orchestra.

all best,
mgj