Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Share Your Music
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search New Posts

Share Your Music Share your .not or .mid files of your arrangements or compositions.

Old 05-01-2007, 04:08 AM
M G Jacobs (mgj32)

Default Like the rest of the Preludes,

Like the rest of the Preludes, these are notes to myself on various musical topics. VII uses a tune that has bugged me for a long time because I can't remember where a phrase in it comes from. VIII became, with quite a few changes, the piano part in the slow movement of the flute sonata I am finishing. IX is based on an exercise I used to do, both hands playing the same diminished chord but going in opposite directions. All those years ago, I remember thinking that it would be nice to do one hand at a time while the other played something a bit more tuneful. After all these years, I finally got around to doing something about the idea.

<center><table border=1><tr><td>Prelude VII
Prelude VII.not (61.6 k)</td></tr></table></center>

<center><table border=1><tr><td>Prelude VIII
Prelude VIII.not (46.7 k)</td></tr></table></center>

<center><table border=1><tr><td>Prelude IX
Prelude IX.not (106.6 k)</td></tr></table></center>
Old 05-01-2007, 04:51 AM
Mark Walsen (markwa)

Default Hello M G, It's fun to

Hello M G,

It's fun to hear your latest batch of music. In the Prelude IX, those hands are having a good time with the diminished chord arpeggios, which always fit the piano fingers so well compared to other chords.

Cheers
-- Mark
Old 05-01-2007, 01:45 PM
Fred Winterling (harbor1)

Default Hi MG, You have absolutely

Hi MG,

You have absolutely accomplished what you thought about doing all those years in Prelude IX. I am a sucker for diminished chords and really like what y'all did. (excuse the vernacular. I have been in southern Virginia too long)

Cheers,
Fred
Old 05-02-2007, 04:18 AM
M G Jacobs (mgj32)

Default Hi Mark, Fred, I don't

Hi Mark, Fred,

I don't know about hands having a good time with diminished arpeggios. As an exercise it was set up so the thumb went under every few notes, and played as fast as possible and as loud as possible for a half hour could create an ache from thumb up to the elbow.

We lived in the South for four years and on the Navajo Reservation for ten. While my wife avoided speech sprinkled with local idioms, I was pretty easy prey. When we returned from the Res, you should have seen the look on faces (which said, I suppose, 'and you're an English teacher?') when I mentioned all the traffics on the road.

all best,
mgj