Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Using Notation Software products with other (third party) products

Using Notation Software products with other (third party) products Find out from others, or share your experience, about integrating Notation Software products with sound libraries, audio processing software, and other hardware and software products.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-26-2012, 06:25 PM
Senior User

Default Re: Moderate Latency with MIDI Keyboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj View Post
Hi,

Go to Setup/Midi Device Configuration and double click on the device you want to send to. In the dialogue box that comes up, uncheck Echo Midi Input To Output. That should get rid of your feedback problems.

Midi channel numbers have nothing to do with Voice numbers. To change the voice you wish to hear (instrument sound), click on the Speaker icon to the left of the track (in Window view) and select a new sound from the box. It's a General Midi list by default.

To change sounds within a piece of music, use the Sound Changes tab in the Main Palette to set a new sound by clicking in the place you want it.

Good luck.

David
I did uncheck "Echo Midi Input To Output" and it did not fix it.

I change Instruments all the time with the Speaker Icon in Notation. But if I'm not recording what "Staff" (Speaker Icon) is there to change instrument (Voice) on for the KeyBoard?

Each Staff is assigned a MIDI Channel and a Voice.

The Keyboard is on Channel 1 and can select it's own Voice.

But something in Notation is overriding the Voice on KeyBoard Channel (Channel 1), which I setup such that no Staff is assigned to.