Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Share Your Music

Share Your Music Share your .not or .mid files of your arrangements or compositions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-24-2005, 02:21 PM
David Jacklin (dj)

Default I guess this one comes under &

I guess this one comes under "alternative". It's a song from a musical called "Howard Winston's Last Flight" that I wrote 'way back in 1987, but which I'm re-vamping for a possible new production.

The show was not successful, for a number of reasons (short rehearsal time, poor choice of lead actor, other things), but I am very proud of the music and I think that it's some of the best work I'll ever do. It's an allegory, about fantasy and dreams and the need for them. Unfortunately, we got reviewed by a critic who had no trace of fantasy or dreaming about her. Last I heard, she covers the real estate beat in Vancouver, now.

This is a very gentle, reflective ballad from the second act, where the two love interests, Lily and Howard, are sitting at night on a hill over looking the town and a lake. She points to the reflections in the lake and says: "Oh, look, it's like stars there ... and stars there!" But, Howard is lost in his dream-world.

<center><table border=1><tr><td>Howard, It's Beautiful Here.
2_12_Howard It's Beautiful Here.not (433.7 k)</td></tr></table></center>