Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > News and notes > Announcements

Announcements News from the Notation Software team

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-14-2009, 05:38 AM
Mark Walsen (markwa)

Default Hello Notation Software Friend

Hello Notation Software Friends,

This post is mis-classified under (V2) Notation Composer and Musician Updates, but there doesn't seem to be a better place in the forum to ask for your review of some new website designs. Also, since you haven't seen any software updates for quite a while, it's probably appropriate for me to anticipate in this section of the forum this question you might have: "Why is Notation Software working on a new website instead of new software?" I'll answer that question first.

We've been in a recession, and Notation Software was hit pretty hard by it, like so many companies and individuals have been. For the first time in the then 14-year history of Notation Software, I started turning my efforts from development to marketing. Basically, development was put on hold for a while. To be honest, I much prefer to work on development and marketing. That's what I've learned during this recession-- a good lesson to learn, because I'm resolved now to bring in some marketing talent to Notation Software to make up for my deficiencies in that area. Several new marketing efforts are underway, including an entirely new website. These new marketing efforts will help to increase Notation Software's revenue so that it can fund more development, including the completion of the 3.0 version of Notation Composer that was started about two years ago but was interrupted.

So, you can indirectly help the Notation Software development by reviewing a pair of new website designs prepared by a professional website graphics artist that Notation Software has hired.

I'd appreciate your reviewing these two designs of the Notation Composer product page at:

www.notation.com/NotationComposerPageDesign1.htm
and
www.notation.com/NotationComposerPageDesign1.htm

These two pages are not "live"; rather, they are just pictures of the pages. So, clicking here and there won't do anything.

Please let me know whether you find these pages inviting or not, and your reasons why.

Here are some things to be aware of:
  • The page is designed for a screen width of 1024 or more. You might have to horizontally scroll the page to see all of it at once on your screen. If you can't see the full width, please let me know!
  • There's a known problem that the Notation Software logo at the top of the page has poor looking noteheads for the "o"s in the Notation Software text.
  • There will videos with sound. What you see illustrated is just a placeholder for what the beginning of the first video might look like.
  • Icons such as the bubble text and upgrade/download icons are just placeholders for more sensible ones that will replace them.
  • The little "NS" and 8th note at the page footer will be replaced with a better icon.
Which design 1 or 2 do you like better, and why?

Starting with the design 1 or 2 that you like better, how would you make it more appealing?

Thanking in advance for your feedback,
Cheers
Mark