Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Using Notation Software products with other (third party) products

Using Notation Software products with other (third party) products Find out from others, or share your experience, about integrating Notation Software products with sound libraries, audio processing software, and other hardware and software products.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-28-2012, 05:57 PM
Senior User

Default Re: Moderate Latency with MIDI Keyboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry C View Post
Hi,

There is currently not a way to remove this information, but we're working to make that an option.

ttfn,
Sherry
I thought perhaps this was buried in the registry or in C:\Windows\INF and you didn't want to delve into that (which I perfectly understand). But once I found it, which was no easy task, it's pretty easy and harmless to "Reset" Notation Composer's "MIDI Device Cache".

Just Delete C:\Users\Public\Documents\Notation\Composer\MidiDe v.cfg (this is on Window 7 it will be in different location on XP, search for it)

I had real mess trying different MIDI Virtual cables, and a few Keyboards.

By the way I did manually remove a couple drivers from C:\Windows\INF and that may have helped not re-find some of them. You have to know what you doing if you go into C:\Windows\INF but I'm not sure if that was required.

I don't consider this a bug or a problem and I like the way Notation Composer deals with MIDI devices that come and go.

Your support has been nothing but superb.

EDIT: I just cleaned my laptop and all you need to do is delete the MidiDev.cfg file no need to touch the C:\Windows\INF folder.

Last edited by mswlogo; 11-29-2012 at 03:11 AM. Reason: Update: