Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Technical area > Questions or problems
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search New Posts

Questions or problems Have a question or problem about something you can't find in the Help/Users Guide? Ask it here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-10-2013, 08:16 PM
Active User

Default Re: Instrument not changing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry C View Post
Hi,

I suspect that what is happening is that the original .mid file is getting reopened. When Notation Musician/Composer opens a .mid file, it does not alter the original .mid file. The .not file that it saves will have the same filename as the original .mid file unless you edit it.

Please try the following:

1. Open the .mid file.
2. Make the instrument change.
3. File/Save, and rename the file to something like "FILENAME-sax".
4. File/Export...MIDI, using the altered name.

Now you will be able to see quickly which file is the original one, and which one has been altered.

If the above steps don't resolve the issue you're seeing, please let me know more detail (eg. which staves are you trying to change and to what instrument patch, what staves' pan values are you referring to, etc.)

ttfn,
Sherry
Sherry,

I think I see the problem but I'm not sure what is causing it. When I open the staff setup it says the channel is "shared" with a dummy of some sort that is just comments. But that is defaulting to the piano so when I save the midi it reverts back to piano sound. Does that make sense? I sent the midi with the last comment. If you open it in synthfont you will see the dummy tracks. If you open it in notation composer and then select the staff and open the staff setup and look at the channel you will see "shared with" Any ideas? I got this midi off the internet - did not build from scratch.

Thanks,

Mike