Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Technical area > Questions or problems

Questions or problems Have a question or problem about something you can't find in the Help/Users Guide? Ask it here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-09-2013, 12:26 AM
quadratic97

Smile Setting up orchestral parts- cues and barlines

I'm trying to create parts for an orchestral score, and there are two problems I've come across that I have no clue how to solve.

First, in nearly all professional orchestral parts, there is no barline at the beginning of each system. I have tried over and over again to figure out a way to hide that first barline without actually deleting it and making the measures combine. Do you know how you can hide this barline at the beginning of the system as in most orchestral parts without actually deleting it and combining measures?

Second, I have found no way to include orchestral part cues. These cues are notes that are in a smaller font than the notes that the instrumentalist actually plays. I can obviously shrink/enlarge the font for all objects or for text, but I have not found a way to shrink individual notes such that they look like cues in an orchestral part. Is there any way to do this, and if so, how?

Thanks for helping!