Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Share news about music

Share news about music Do you have some news about music that you'd like to share with others? Here's the place.

Old 11-02-2007, 12:23 AM
Adrian Allan (adrianallan)

Default Hi I have just uploaded my

Hi

I have just uploaded my song onto youtube "dark distant memories"

I thought you would be interested to hear the final product. HOWEVER, youtube does lose some of the quality (file compression).

The instruments used were the VSTs from Kompakts Symphonic orchestra, and I exported the midi file from midinotate to cubase.

Here's the link

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=8s71Adk28-Y

I'm looking for a singer (I can't do it justice).
Old 11-03-2007, 04:18 PM
Sherry Crann (sherry)

Default Hi Adrian, Well done! Even

Hi Adrian,

Well done! Even with the given of lower quality sound because of the compressed file, it still sounded quite good - I think in part due to the balanced mix and interweaving of the instruments. Having the slide show of lyrics was a great move, and makes it very easy to follow the melody line without the flute being overly loud in the mix. The picture slides at the end was a very nice touch with the instrumental coda as well.

I enjoyed it very much

ttfn,
Sherry
Old 11-04-2007, 01:20 AM
Adrian Allan (adrianallan)

Default thanks, sherry and thanks t

thanks, sherry

and thanks to the wonders of modern technology I have managed to e-mail this music to Australia to a young lad who might want to sing it.

If anybody else wants it on MP3 (much better sound for a vocal backing track than youtube) or PDF piano reduction score please let me know.

Now I'm going for a walk - and hopefully the beautiful autumn scenery will give me some inspiration for my next project.