Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Share Your Music

Share Your Music Share your .not or .mid files of your arrangements or compositions.

Old 02-15-2008, 04:34 AM
Tim Fatchen (flyingtadpole)

Default I've been pretty inactive

I've been pretty inactive here lately, so here's a BIG CHUNK! I'm currently writing from scratch "Cassandra", a very unkind musical built around global warming. This is being done as part of February Album Writing Month, starting 00.01am, 1 February.

All the music both as written and as performed uses Notation Composer as recorder, editor, and performance sequencer for everything instrumental including percusion. Voices are inserted via Cakewalk Music Creator.

The seven songs so far up are all demos, some of them one-shot, so don't expect wonderful production OR singing...especially not singing...

You don't have to be registered to hear it: just go to http://www.fawm.org/writers.php?id=493
which is me as Tim Fatchen, read the plot, and if you can cope, page down to the songlist, and off you go.

But for anyone wondering about the capabilities of Notation Composer, this set is a very good spectrum especially given the speed writing and performance involved! This is averaging 1 song from conception to demo every 2 days.

I think I can finish it within the 29 days of which there are now 14 left!
Old 02-15-2008, 09:33 AM

Default Hopefully, here's the nota

Hopefully, here's the notation file of "I'll have fame! I'll have riches!" Because of the demo nature of it, there hasn't been a huge amount of cleanup and you can easily see where music has been edited/written in, and where it's been played in (at speed!)

<center><table border=1><tr><td>Cassandra! "I'll Have Fame!"
I'll have fame.not (293.2 k)</td></tr></table></center>
Old 02-15-2008, 03:48 PM
Mark Walsen (markwa)

Default Hello Tim, Your "I'

Hello Tim,

Your "I'll Have Fame" was a nice pick-me-up for 7:30am in the morning here. With a cup of coffee in hand, hardly needed to supplement your song, I'm ready to tackle the world today!

Nice work!

Cheers
-- Mark
Old 08-10-2008, 01:19 PM

Default Just updating: the musical di

Just updating: the musical did get finished, to worktape and rough score stage. The script is now doing the RR (Rejection Rounds!) We'll see what happens; no immediate production plans. The www.fawm.org link above has reset, but there are four songs (YES! They're ALL done in Notation Composer) are up at http://www.myspace.com/flyingtadpole2

The "I'll have fame" track referenced above is also there as a vocal realisation. We'll do an animation of it at some point ;)

Have a listen to "I want to make a difference" if you have time. Catherine Haight, the singer, was in Florida. She is also almost blind: she was working with a MIDI track and a very large-print .pdf file of the sheet music, courtesy Notation Composer, to sing it.