Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Share Your Music

Share Your Music Share your .not or .mid files of your arrangements or compositions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-24-2006, 04:02 AM
Mark Walsen (markwa)

Default Hello, A couple of months a

Hello,

A couple of months ago I recorded a 15-minute improvisation on my Yamaha Disklavier. It has pleased me more than any improvisations I've ever recorded, and probably more than any composition I've written. So, I decided to go public with it at: www.soundclick.com/markwalsen

This piece is in a neo-Romantic style, different from the few other pieces I've shown in the forum. This piece is way off the path of mainstream musical tastes, even among folk who like classical music. So, I don't have high expectations that there will be mobs of people loving this. But if there are just a few folk that enjoy it, then it will be worth my effort to put it up on SoundClicks.

I very much intend to mold this improvisation into a composition. I won't mess with the structure and themes of the piece much. Mostly, I'll fix the inevitable wrong notes in the improvisation. For most ears, the whole piece will sound like wrong notes-- I'm won't be changing the notes that much :-)

Please understand that I realize MidiNotate is generally not used for this kind of contemporary classical music, although it can be. I envision MidiNotate being used by folk like you, and for the wide variety of music styles you all enjoy.

Cheers
-- Mark