Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Technical area > Questions or problems
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search New Posts

Questions or problems Have a question or problem about something you can't find in the Help/Users Guide? Ask it here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-31-2014, 11:14 AM
Product Manager

Location: Bad Axe, MI, USA (The Tip of the Thumb of Michigan)
Default Re: Piano Roll and Note Velocity won't select

Howdy,

Quote:
Don't you hate those kinds of problems.
They do present a challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by blane245 View Post
I could send you a parent piece, but actually the problem seems to occur on ALL pieces after I have them open for a while. Some times it is sooner than later. I could open a piece, do a very few modifications and the Piano Roll and Note Velocity will work fine. Other times, I made a few changes and they don't. I have not found a pattern yet. The problem will occur eventually as long as I have Notation running. If I restart it, it goes away for awhile and then come back.
There are a couple of things that come immediately to mind.

There may be some particular sequence of edits that trigger the problem, and I'm just not doing them correctly to recreate the problem. I've been fiddling with the file you sent for a while now, but still have not seen the problem of not being able to see the Piano Roll rectangles or Note Velocity vectors. If you see the problem show up, take a look at Edit and then the "history" list at the bottom of that list. If possible, please take a screen shot of it so I can try recreating the problem fresh.

The other possibility is that there is some machine configuration that makes the problem show up. I know that memory can be an issue sometimes as the Undo list will go as long as there is memory available. However, if machine memory gets full, weird things can start happening. Perhaps next time you see this issue show up, try (1) clicking Edit and then (2) Clear Undo History. If that makes the the Piano Roll and Note Velocity show up, then it may just be that you'll want to use that command more often to free up memory while working on pieces.

If anyone else sees the same problem, please feel free to weigh in on the conversation!

ttfn,
Sherry