Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Share Your Music
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search New Posts

Share Your Music Share your .not or .mid files of your arrangements or compositions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-28-2008, 03:59 PM
Alex Shields (alexshields)

<center><table border=1><tr><td>DeathMetalSong2.not
DeathMetalSong2_3.not (355.9 k)</td></tr></table></center>

Here is Death Metal Song 2.

The bass part is not that special. I used to be a guitarist long ago, and I wrote music exclusively for electric guitar. In my bands, we had bass players for a total span of time of around 4 weeks. So I had little time to experiment with composing interesting things for bass.

The guitar is split into 3 staves so I can easily copy and paste the notes and then transpose them a certain number of half steps. One of the things that would be IMMENSELY helpful in Notation Composer is a "Paste Merge" function, where I can paste notes onto a staff which merge into the notes that are already there, forming chords, rather than just overwrite the existing notes.

Sherry, I don't know what you mean by the panning effects. I made no panning changes in any of my songs. I'm curious to know which song you mean and and what time does the panning change occur.

Also, there is no good sounding muted distortion guitar sound in my MIDI sounds, so I just simulated it with power chords. For anything greater than a 16th note, it's simulated with 16th notes followed by rests to fill out the rest of the note. For example, a muted 8th note is a 16th note followed by a 16th rest.