Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Share Your Music

Share Your Music Share your .not or .mid files of your arrangements or compositions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-05-2014, 08:16 AM
Senior User

Default Little Suite and Sonata Allegro, Christmas 2013

Posting for Christmas is a little late. But my 10 year old computer put up a real battle with me against even getting this done by late Dec., last year. It finally won, and I've been involved in trying to get the new Win 8.1 computer set up since...and this year I haven't used any words or carols written by another, so the only way, beyond associations that are personal, of knowing that it is Christmas music is the title.

I have tried to make the whole thing comfortably familiar using snatches of music familiar to most, or many, anyhow, in various places. The movement of the Little Suite are, 1. The Mystery, 2. Harvest of the Yule Log, 3. Gathering Greens, 4. Warmth of the Hearth, 5. Blessing of the Feast. The Sonata Allegro is sub-titled: Joy and Meditation.

I never remembered to save the file as a midi, and the .not file has a soundfont that includes timpani and cymbals, so that would produce some strange effects in playing it without that font. I would be happy to send a PDF of the score, if anyone would like to read it while listening. To do that, here are 2 links that you can try.

https://app.box.com/files/0/f/0/1/f_12477718508
https://app.box.com/s/5vjwd1mqpilh4tpo4fd3

I'm told one will play the piece and the other permits downloading the mp3. I can't tell since I can do both, perhaps because Box remembers my computer.

The fight is on now to get Composer and Synth font to work with this machine's onboard IDT audio.

All Best,

mgj